Grey Goo Review
Grey Goo Review
This is a review out of Definitive Edition out of Grey Goo, which is somewhat different from the original version of the game, big point being it includes a new playable multiplayer race The Shroud. Petroglyph is no longer selling the original version at their steam, so when you purchase the game, you will be getting the soundtrack and DLC campaign among it.
Out of the ashes of war, a tentative truce emerges between the Humans, Beta and the Goo—but peace doesn’t last long. Ecosystem Nine finds itself thrust into turmoil once again with the arrival of a destructive, alien life form known as the Shroud.
Grey Goo is a real-time strategy (RTS) game that combines classic strategy mechanics and a balanced combat system with an emphasis on large-scale decision-making. It puts you at the center of a tactical struggle for survival—and ultimately, control of Ecosystem 9.
Take on the single-player campaign to command three factions: the Humans, masters of defensive architecture; the Beta, a proud, versatile alien race; and the Goo, an enigmatic, highly mobile life form. Or compete with any of the four multiplayer factions—including the disruptive, unpredictable Shroud.
- Innovative and different races that offer lot of multiple playstyles & features
- Solid Soundtrack
- Well optimized game & decent graphics for a non-triple A studio (production value overall)
- Impressive CGI custscenes
- Map Editor + Get your own maps added to official map pool
- Has great tutorials in-built in the campaign and doesnt have super high learning curve & difficulty compared to other RTS games like Starcraft or Warcraft for example
- The Goos make some awful noises, which annoy in the long run
- Campaigns story is bit cliche and characters arent super interesting or compelling outside Simpleton
- In some senses the campaign is only ~10h if you are going to buy it only for that, i mean there is DLC included which has 3 extra missions, but in some senses this may not be enough for some
If you are interested in Grey Goo Definitive Edition i recommend checking it out at https://www.g2a.com/r/greygoosale