Now and then we get this really amazing indie games with concepts that may sound stupid if you were making a pitch, but once you try them out you will be positively surprised how much you are enjoying it. Factorio being a game that got me hooked almost in the very first minutes and its not even finish product yet. Game offers lot of customization, community made mods, multiplayer and campaign with countless hours of gameplay.
You can get full story of this Factorio Review by checking out the video above
Factorio is a game in which you build and maintain factories. You will be mining resources, researching technologies, building infrastructure, automating production and fighting enemies. In the beginning you will find yourself chopping trees, mining ores and crafting mechanical arms and transport belts by hand, but in short time you can become an industrial powerhouse, with huge solar fields, oil refining and cracking, manufacture and deployment of construction and logistic robots, all for your resource needs. However this heavy exploitation of the planet’s resources does not sit nicely with the locals, so you will have to be prepared to defend yourself and your machine empire.
Join forces with other players in cooperative Multiplayer, create huge factories, collaborate and delegate tasks between you and your friends. Add mods to increase your enjoyment, from small tweak and helper mods to complete game overhauls, Factorio’s ground-up Modding support has allowed content creators from around the world to design interesting and innovative features. While the core gameplay is in the form of the freeplay scenario, there are a range of interesting challenges in the form of the Scenario pack, available as free DLC. If you don’t find any maps or scenarios you enjoy, you can create your own with the in-game Map Editor, place down entities, enemies, and terrain in any way you like, and even add your own custom script to make for interesting gameplay.
- Very addictive game and makes you brain think really hard
- Multiple ways to do things and vast amount of different choices how to gather/collect/move resources, your imagination is your limit
- Map Editor, Player Made Mods and lot of editing choices
- Provides good worth for your money in terms of hours, you can easily burn +100h in this game, especially if you play alone.
- Campaign is pretty good for learning the basics of the game (Recommending everyone to play it)
- Controlling the cars can be pain in the ass, controls need some improvement and so does responsiveness
- The Cool Soundtrack doesn’t seem to play at all times :/
- Graphics may not be for everyones tastes (For me they are fine)
- Some networking issues can happen while playing multiplayer like having issues to join the game and such
- The aliens can be bit lackluster in some senses whatever its their AI or the options to modify their behaviour, but if you are just playing it for building stuff, this doesn’t affect you at all.